[lbo-talk] Gay marriage

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 00:06:32 PST 2008

Reread Brown v. Board of Education on why seperate but equal is intended to stigmatize, humiliate, denigrate, and degrade. When straights are willing to ban marriage for het couples in favor of civil unions, I'll buy your argument. I'd support that move, I'm no fan of traditional marriage, but it aint gonna happen. The prohibition on gay marriage is intended to say, and says very clearly, that gays are disgusting perverts hated by God and not entitled to the rights of white people, er, straights. The fact that civil unions functionally may recreate the legak incidents of marriage is immaterial. The legal incidents are not what is important or central here. The meaning of equal rights is what is important and the respect or lack of it accorded to alternative sexualities.