[lbo-talk] Gay marriage

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Nov 13 11:40:35 PST 2008

On Nov 13, 2008, at 2:17 PM, Michael Pollak wrote:

> But boy was he ever hoist by his own petard. Normality turns out to
> be the most threateningly radical demand gays have ever made.

Yeah. The reaction of the Christian right was a clue on how radical the demand was. They understood that it challenged something fundamental in their world view. If solidarity (a la Carrol Cox, a position I entirely agree with) and justice weren't compelling enough reasons to support the demand, then annoying the Christian right would be the last Word on the issue.

Doug