[lbo-talk] New Deals

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Nov 13 13:10:24 PST 2008

Or as Obama later described his political predecessor/model:

"[Reagan] put us on a fundamentally different path because the country was ready for it. I think they felt like with all the excesses of the 1960s and 1970s and government had grown and grown but there wasn't much sense of accountability in terms of how it was operating. I think people, he just tapped into what people were already feeling, which was we want clarity we want optimism, we want a return to that sense of dynamism and entrepreneurship that had been missing."

Spot on. I can recall feeling very optimistic when Reagan won in 1980 -- much like today!

Dennis