[lbo-talk] "FemDomDem" and "ObamaGirlSeeksPissSlave" Aren't Going to Get Those Ambassadorships

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 20:34:24 PST 2008

Not standard.

I have participated in a number of these things. My favorite story was when a friend and fellow lawyer applied for a job as an a DoJ Antitrust prosecutor, don't know why that would require a security clearance but it does.

A youngish presumably newish FBI SA came around and asked me a number of desultory questions, my fave being, Do you have any reason to doubt X's patriotism or loyalty to the United States? (Very important than your antitrust guys and gals are patriotic.

I said, truthful, No.

"Oh thank God," said the SA. "You have no idea how much paperwork it involves when the answer is anything else."

She didn't get the job anyway for an unrelated reason.