[lbo-talk] Gay marriage

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 21:00:03 PST 2008

This isn't quite right. Some people may look down on unmarried couples who are, as they used to say, "living in sin," but the point of the gay marriage ban is is to deny gays a benefit, a label if you will, because gays are regarded as inferior and wicked. It's not that the cohabiting unmarried that are despised, although in some circles they may be to a lesser extent, it's the queers who are passionately hated and to be denied equal treatment for that reason, including te right or privilege of marriage.