[lbo-talk] Gay Marriage

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 00:40:34 PST 2008

Aminister I know has two comments related to this thread.

At some point she had an insight: she talks about two couples who were living together with kids involved. She said she got that it was silly to get the straight couple hurried off to get married while being expected to break up the gay couple. Sje just decided this made no sense.

This woman is the kind of person who goes off to Rwanda to help with relief work. She tells of one time when she was working with a group on relief and womens rights. She says after doing a lesson on women's rights as written in the UN for the widows' support project. Apparently when they got to the part that basically says women have a right not to have to endure beatings and rape within marriage, and the usual one might expect. One of the women raised her hand and said the widows in her group would be happy to have husbands evenif the husbands beat and raped them because that was much better than all the abuse women put up iwth in that country.

DoreneC Seattle WA