[lbo-talk] Why Blacks opposed Prop 8 -- and a simple way

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Nov 14 09:59:41 PST 2008

So far, I am sticking to my theory that the black exception is at least in part a working class exception. I see from the numbers that though blacks poll more hostile to gay marriage, whites are still hostile on the majority. I suggest working class people will tend to be more morally conservative, because the prospect of social and family disintegration is a closer reality for them. Blacks poll more hostile to propospition eight because more of them are working class.