[lbo-talk] More premature Obama/FDR comparisons, this time from Newsweek

RCu8598882 at aol.com RCu8598882 at aol.com
Fri Nov 14 14:24:29 PST 2008

I quite agree with this observation. It's premature to say that nothing progressive will come out of Obama before he even takes office. I know that Alexander Cockburn wrote him off in The Natiion before the election because of the economists that Obama was talking to, but Alex has little regard for liberals (and the American left, for that matter). I think that its interesting that Limbaugh has declared that the oncoming recession, deepening as we write, is Obama's fault. Just the fact that O was elected, apparently, sank the economy even more than it had sunk prior to November 4 in Rush's view. The right is poised to attack with vigor.

Richard Currie **************Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news & more!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212774565x1200812037/aol?redir=htt p://toolbar.aol.com/moviefone/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000001)