[lbo-talk] Why Blacks opposed Prop 8 -- and a simple way to

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 15:01:43 PST 2008

When I was at Catholic University of America, the seminarians sure seemed to have a lot of Italian, Irish, and Polish last names. Two generations is nothing if you don't assimilate into the dominant culure, which african-americans were unable to do (by and large) in the North. For obvious reasons.

There sure seemed to be a Baptist church on every corner when I lived in Northeast DC.