[lbo-talk] Mike Huckabee on gay marriage: worse than al Qaeda

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Nov 14 15:07:06 PST 2008

New York Post [Page Six] - November 14, 2008

MIKE Huckabee will have gays on the war path when his new book, "Do the Right Thing," hits stores next week. "[Heterosexual] marriage matters . . . nothing in our society matters more," writes the ex- Arkansas governor, whom some see as the GOP front-runner to take on Barack Obama in 2012. "Our true strength doesn't come from our military or our gross national product; it comes from our families. What's the point of keeping the terrorists at bay in the Middle East if we can't keep decline and decadence at bay here at home?"