[lbo-talk] Rove: Our problem is we were too nice

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat Nov 15 14:05:48 PST 2008

[and Colbert's commentary]

http://www.openleft.com/showDiary.do;jsessionid=3A7B4D9DE2A7BD826E8961ECDBD29421?diaryId=9946

Rove:

"But I've learned it's so -- looking back now, a sobering lesson,

that a president needs to be careful in his language, but he cannot

allow the kind of brittle and brutal attacks that were made on this

president at certain times to go unanswered, and we probably made a

mistake at times."

Colbert:

"Yes! You need to answer those attacks! An eye for an eye! A tooth

for a tooth! An 'outing a CIA agent' for a 'critical editorial in

the Times'! A 'right to wiretap you' for a 'having a phone'!"