[lbo-talk] Southern wad, shot

Peter Ward nevadabob at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Nov 11 15:11:34 PST 2008

I think there may be a false inference here. My home town, Elko Nevada, is 40% Mormon and consistantly votes Republican. However, Bush I has a major stake in one of the Gold mines (the reason Elko exists) and the town has flourished under Bush II do to the high price of gold. I often have the feeling those who choose to vote Republican have saner, at any rate more concrete, reasons for doing so than those who vote Democratic.

Incdedently, Elkonian's would be voting againsts their interests to vote Democratic and the example may well generalize--I think liberals ought to look at the facts before attributing the voting habits of "middle-Americans" to stupidy.