[lbo-talk] Obamania Infects Znet

Peter Ward nevadabob at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Nov 11 15:34:01 PST 2008

It's disappointing that even znet is not immune to Obama euphoria --

Obama Spells New Hope For Human Rights

The objective of the article is summarized thus:

"We should encourage President Obama to send the ICESCR to the Senate for advice and consent to ratification. Becoming a party to that treaty will help not only the people in this country; it will also engender respect for the United States around the world."

With typical liberal superstition that the problem of our violent foreign policy (as ever other problem) boils down to a legal oversight a new bill promises to rectify.* Furthermore, what is most important is that the US is "respected", whether we commit atrocities or not, it seems, is incidental.

*Of course the author is a lawyer, therefore has a vested interested in portraying her occupation as vital to the function of society.

_________________________________________________________________ Win £1000 John Lewis shopping sprees with BigSnapSearch.com http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/117442309/direct/01/