[lbo-talk] Conservative Mona Charen thinks new Bond film is too leftist

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 22:10:13 PST 2008

I haven't been able to get interested in video games in some time. Have tried and wanted to find one I would like, but just can't. I especially dislike modern 1st person shooters. Too chaotic or something.

Anyway, some years back on my PS2 I bought the game RED FACTION. Well, that one *was* a (sci-fi) 1st person shooter. You play an exploited mine worker on Mars, and are leading a rebellion of miners against your evil space-corporate overlords. The imagery & everything was indeed very leftist. I always dug it.

I like strategy games; the 1st person stuff doesn't do it for me anymore, though.

Oh -- I did like Spyro the Dragon. Don't laugh. That game was like a crack addiction. It looks all kiddie and innocent, then you get sucked in and 6 hours have passed.

-B.

Chris Doss wrote:

"BTW the game that impressed me the absolute most, other than Lost Crown, was Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened, in which Holmes and Watson investigate a Cthulhu cult. Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BjBcZEsGpA"