[lbo-talk] Pasolini

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 03:03:26 PST 2008

Great article.

Pasolini is one of my all-time fave filmmakers. A coupe of months ago I bought the new _Salo_ box set from Criterion. (Thank god the bootleggers have been shut down by this, mostly.)

I posted about that here:

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20080825/013832.html

What the article John posted doesn't mention is that Pasolini was a "script" and "dialogue" consultant for Federico Fellini' also-great _Nights of Cabiria_. In effect, he was a co-writer of that great film. Cheers!

-B.

John E. Norem wrote:

"Pasolini's Roman poetry The great filmmaker was also a writer with a distinctive voice – Rome's"