[lbo-talk] Conservative Mona Charen thinks new Bond film is too leftist

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 14:36:53 PST 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 9:25 AM, B. <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:
> [Hahaha - B.]
>

> http://townhall.com/Columnists/MonaCharen/2008/11/18/quantum_of_nonsense
>

> Quantum of Nonsense
> by Mona Charen

Another comment that comes to mind... I wonder if Ms. Mona is a AynRandite?

Because a local objectivist Randite blogger wrote a similar tirade against this film, a week before Mona's piece http://pages.citebite.com/n9g9w2u5cqab it's aptly titled "Comrade Bond, James Bond".

I wonder if these kind of ideas are circulated on a mailing list of sorts and go up the chain of command to the Randites' mothership so to speak. Because suddently you hear the chorus of parrots all repeating the same arguments, against the same targets.... Anyway, just a coincidence, I'm sure.

Anyway... I think it's funny to see them so outraged. Yet, I don't think the number of movies with a progressive message is high enough.
:)

One of my favs is the 1992 "Sneakers" starring Robert Redford and Sidney Poitier which [spoiler] ends with the Republican Party going bankrupt after all its money is diverted by hackers to Greenpeace and other progressive organizations[end spoiler] ;) ... not bad for a lighthearted comedy.

FC