[lbo-talk] Joint Experts' Statement on WITDB about Iran

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Nov 21 06:58:39 PST 2008

Michael Pollak wrote:

> An attempt to get Obama to turn Iran policy around:

What is the 'social status' of this Project? That is, what reason do we have to believe that _their_ "attempt to get Obama" to do this or that makes sense, rather than being an instance of a flea approaching an elephant with intentions of rape?

There seem to be hundreds -- nay, thousands -- of efforts going on to influence Obama. _Most_ of those fforts are on the part of individuals and grouips that Obama has never heard of, will nevere hear of, and wouldn't pay any attention to if he did hear of them. I begin to find the whole project of "influencing" Obama almost annoying.

Carrol