[lbo-talk] Obama announces 2 year plan: "The E.R.P."

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 22 08:58:27 PST 2008

[Sounds not dissimilar to FDR's Civil Works Administration and Public Works Administration, based on this very ltd. info. -B.]

-----

>From Obama's Nov. 22 YouTube "fireside chat":

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/23/us/politics/23otext.html?ref=politics

[...]

"I have already directed my economic team to come up with an Economic Recovery Plan that will mean 2.5 million more jobs by January of 2011 — a plan big enough to meet the challenges we face that I intend to sign soon after taking office. We’ll be working out the details in the weeks ahead, but it will be a two-year, nationwide effort to jumpstart job creation in America and lay the foundation for a strong and growing economy. We’ll put people back to work rebuilding our crumbling roads and bridges, modernizing schools that are failing our children, and building wind farms and solar panels; fuel-efficient cars and the alternative energy technologies that can free us from our dependence on foreign oil and keep our economy competitive in the years ahead."

[...]