[lbo-talk] neoliberalism RIP

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sun Nov 23 11:53:33 PST 2008

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:31:05 -0000 "James Heartfield" <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Lenin told us that capitalism could only survive by suspending the ordinary
> laws of 'free' competition, taking refuge in monopolies and a burgeoning
> state power. It is naive in the extreme to take the ideological tosh about
> liberalisation seriously when the property-owning class is creating a police
> state all around us.

Indeed.

It's rather puzzling to me why they're doing this. The fact is undeniable; but they weren't exactly facing an insurrection, were they? What are they so scared of? Additional social controls would appear otiose in a society already well under control.

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org