[lbo-talk] Neoliberalism RIP

Patrick Bond pbond at mail.ngo.za
Sun Nov 23 18:27:48 PST 2008

dredmond at efn.org wrote:
> A perfect opportunity for the global periphery to dump its foreign debt
> and turn to Russia and China for long-term finance and models of
> industrialization.

Still disagree on 'end of neoliberalism' - a dangerous conceit... But on the point above, agreed... maybe not broken Russia, but China and we hope Vz will be lending in Africa to the extent it's necessary for trade finance and selected projects for which domestic finance cannot be raised: http://www.monthlyreview.org/mrzine/bond251008.html