[lbo-talk] Neoliberalism RIP

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Nov 23 18:53:24 PST 2008

On Nov 23, 2008, at 9:27 PM, Patrick Bond wrote:

> Still disagree on 'end of neoliberalism' - a dangerous conceit...

I wonder what you mean by neoliberalism. We're almost certain to see tighter regulation of finance and a large Keynesian stimulus program in the U.S. and many other countries. That's a major departure from the ideology and practices of the 1980s and 1990s. Yeah, sure, it's still capitalism, but if the word neoliberalism can describe Reagan/ Thatcher in 1981 and what's evolving now, the term is so broad that it verges on the meaningless.

Doug