[lbo-talk] Deathbed conversion of Gramsci

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Nov 25 20:12:39 PST 2008

Not everyone dies on a deathbed. A year ago, my sister-in-law was shot to death while pumping gas. She never saw her killer.

Me, I think of death all the time. Been around a lot of it -- from when my sister died of Reye's Syndrome to Holly (above). I pretty much think that it's nonexistence, which is oddly comforting to me, having been raised Catholic. But then, I've had a few "paranormal" experiences, which are not so easily explained away. Whatever. My take is, if it's erasure it's erasure, and who knows the fucking difference. And if it's not, then, as Woody Allen's father says in "Hannah and Her Sisters," I'll deal with it then.

Dennis