[lbo-talk] Deathbed conversion of Gramsci

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 21:20:05 PST 2008

Indeed. Jesus' family were working class -- Joseph, after all, was a carpenter.

There's another story about Russell: a plane he was flying in made an unanticipated crash landing in the sea -- he was about 75 at the time -- and when they picked up the passengers and crew (as I recall everyone survived) in the lifeboat, Russell was completely pickled with the lifeboat brandy. "I was drunk as a Lord," he said to the press. "But then of couse I am one."