[lbo-talk] Question from La Botz interview on Behind the News

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Nov 27 07:54:16 PST 2008

On Nov 27, 2008, at 9:47 AM, Charles Turner wrote:

> My original thought was that directors of automotive corporations
> wouldn't want to take a position against other members of their board
> who might also sit on insurance or pharmaceutical corporation boards.

I've done some preliminary research into this, with some more still necessary, but I can say that these overlaps just don't seem all that significant. I think the broader class explanation - the US bourgeoisie doesn't want to give an inch to the proles because it might embolden them to ask for more - makes more sense.

Doug