[lbo-talk] Matter and Antimatter: How to Create a Crisis:AThanksgiving Rant

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Thu Nov 27 14:05:29 PST 2008

Oh, I forgot to mention your example of the Dutch becoming rich and powerful by building ships.

I wrote a long post filling in some gaps for that example. I didn't send it.

And I can't remember now whether I mentioned this before on some other post. Buidling ships is a giant math and physics problem. In turn those practical engineering problems had a lot to do with creation of scientific knowledge. Now days that would be even more so, when you think about the communications and navigation systems and their high tech computer systems, i.e. lots of work for programmers and systems engineers, big boom in the tech sector etc.

CG