[lbo-talk] Matter and Antimatter: How to Create aCrisis:AThanksgiving Rant

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Thu Nov 27 14:54:19 PST 2008

```...Roosevelt's ending of the gold standard did reverse the deflation of 1929-32, and the economy started growing again (and with a relatively modest fiscal contribution). Growth rates in 1933-7 were 10.8%, 8.9%, 13.0%, and 5.1%. The unemployment rate fell by more than 10 points...'' Doug

Romer mentions this ending of the gold standard more explicitly a few paragraphs above what I posted. We'll certainly find out...

Happy Bird day.

By the way, when was the last time the White House actually ate that damned National Turkey? They must eat somebody's turkey...

CG