[lbo-talk] Thought's on Doug's interview with Ayers

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Nov 29 18:09:34 PST 2008

Chuck Grimes wrote:

> > The right and especially the neocons have an absolute genius for
> creating these prisions of the mind. I don't know how they do it.

That's because it isn't the right and specially it isn't the neocons that do it. No Child Left Behind is merely the culmination of a process that was well underway in both K-12 and the universities by 1972. The big shifts were made by 1975 or so. It has been merely progress down the path set then up to the present.

Practice changes minds. Not university or k-12 education. Changes there is an effect, not a cause.

Carrol