[lbo-talk] Adolph Reed on the politics of the crisis

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Oct 1 18:51:51 PDT 2008

shag wrote:

> but again, i welcome corrections because the double negative above is
> fucking with me pea brain at the mo'
>
> http://cleandraws.com
> Wear Clean Draws
> ('coz there's 5 million ways to kill a CEO)

Strategy and tactics are military metaphors -- they presuppose an army.

Where is the army that will implement any strategy anyone comes up with?

Mouthign strategies under current conditions is just another way of taking pleasure in the sounds that come out of onne's mouth. In reference to the bailout, radicals need to remember that whatever they do or say they will have far less effect on what happens than the cheerleaders at a high-school football game, who at least are i the same space as those in a position to do somethinnng. Leftists are not now.

The key to strategic thiking is Marx's "The anatomy of ma is a key to the anatomy of the ape." We have to look back on the present from _some_ vanntage point in the future. Trying thinnk from the present to the future is futile.

Carrol