[lbo-talk] of actors and politicians

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Fri Oct 3 11:17:06 PDT 2008

Marvin Gandall wrote:

> I said a "whiff" of fascism. If fascism ever does come to America,
this is
> what it's core base would look like - small town, patriotic,
xenophobic,
> elite-hating, aggressively ordinary. Meantime, I continue to describe
it as
> conservative.

This will be the myth or ideology of such a movement -- but the flesh-and-blood 'membership' of such a movement will be mostly from medium cities and large suburban areas, not from the "small towns" geographically. "Small town" is an idea, not a place.

Carrol

^^^ CB: Its militants will come from "Main Street" ,not from the Neighborhoods. It's Masters will come from Wall Street's most reactionary sector.