[lbo-talk] the wink that popped chubbies around the world

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Oct 3 18:24:39 PDT 2008

btw, i had to give a spur-of-the-moment walk through of the project we've been working on for the last coupla months. one of the software development managers walked into the room announcing, "the bill's passed."

well, i wasn't going to be stopped by any presentation. nosiree. i got up on the conference table and let her rip. the grinning mugs on my cow-orkers faces made my teeth want to vomit.

"What are you so pleased with? Do you honestly think that this bail out bill was for you? Clearly, you are all under the delusion that bad things were going to happen without this bill. Justify yourself! Explain what bad things were going to happen?

Your 401k account tank?!

Whoopdeefuckingdooda! What touzy little whiners.

You should only care about people with inadequate food and inadequate housing. Do you have food in your cupboard? Yes? Make yourself some cookies and drink a tall glass of shut the fuck up already. If you'd risen up to reject this bailout bills, y'all would have grown a pair to make Karl Marx proud! Had you risen up, your actions would have ensured that the poor would be well-fed and adequately sheltered. Now, because of you, the poor will continue to be inadequately fed and sheltered. It is all on _you_, you selfish, craven capitalist tools."

they pelted me with their stress balls.

interestingly, when i plugged this in to blogsearch at google, i got loads and loads of commentary on the palin's wink, which apparently popped chubbies around the world:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NDYzMGFiNjQ0MWRjNmI0ZTlkYjgwZTExMjA3MWNiZTk=

A very wise TV executive once told me that the key to TV is projecting through the screen. It's one of the keys to the success of, say, a Bill O'Reilly, who comes through the screen and grabs you by the throat. Palin too projects through the screen like crazy. I'm sure I'm not the only male in America who, when Palin dropped her first wink, sat up a little straighter on the couch and said, "Hey, I think she just winked at me." And her smile. By the end, when she clearly knew she was doing well, it was so sparkling it was almost mesmerizing. It sent little starbursts through the screen and ricocheting around the living rooms of America. This is a quality that can't be learned; it's either something you have or you don't, and man, she's got it.