[lbo-talk] of actors and politicians

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Oct 4 12:25:23 PDT 2008

I think "phase of capitalism" is a fairly neutral term, still relevant. The beast is still recognizably the same but different in the mid-19th c, in the early 20th c., & in the postwar era. "Fascism" is more than irreelebvant: it is a barrier to grasping and opposing real authoritarian threats. And as Yoshie pointed out long ago it is particularly of service to those who wish to attach 'the left' to the DP. "Most reactionary sector" implies "less reactionary sector" (which, then, we are urged to support).

Carrol