[lbo-talk] Defend Bill Ayers

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Oct 5 10:21:52 PDT 2008

> Bill (and Bernardine) have been friends and good comrades of my work in
> the Red Balloon Collective, in the Greens, and in life. Thank Marx they're
> not apologetic for trying to stop the U.S. war on Vietnam and the murder
> of 2 million people there! Thank Emma that many people, including Bill and
> Bernardine, took the risks needed to defend humanity in an era of
> murderers and robots.

While I understand their anger and remain weirdly fascinated with Weather as a Dadaist concept, what they did was strategically stupid. There was no mass support for their violence, no means to an end. Weather was narcissistic white privilege guilt posing as a "guerrilla" force. Fred Hampton denounced them before he was murdered in his bed. And of course, Weather helped the police state immensely. At least Mark Rudd and Brian Flanagan show some remorse for their participation.

Dennis