[lbo-talk] question for those opposed to the bailout

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Oct 5 16:53:23 PDT 2008

shag wrote:

> i was serious about these questions so when you get a moment carrol, could
> you explain? thanks.

My brain is in low gear for various reasons but I will try to reply eventually. I want to put the reply inside the observation that in parliamentary regimes it is possible to electoral with non-electoral (real) work, making the former serve the latter. But our founding wrought well, frustrating what they called factional strife (i.e., class struggle), and u.s. leftists find themselves in an almost impossible quandary. Electoral work _by itself_ or as primary is simply reactionary, not merely impotent. So problems arise.

Carrol