[lbo-talk] Cause of crisis

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Oct 5 23:39:51 PDT 2008

It might be useful, though reason seldom matters, to raise two points with regards to the Hannity line:

1. If Clinton caused this, how come there was a surplus when he left office?

2. How could a few thousand poor minorities cause trillions dollars worth of damage and the possible collapse of the world economy? I mean, just add those mortgages up, I doubt you'd get more than, say, a hundred million.

By the way, I witnessed tonight, George Will on Stephanopolous say exactly that, that the crisis had been caused by the govt forcing Fannie and Freddie to loan $ to minorities. In other words, the crisis was caused by excess regulation.

Joanna