[lbo-talk] the wink that popped chubbies around the world

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Mon Oct 6 04:22:36 PDT 2008

At 07:08 AM 10/6/2008, W. Kiernan wrote:

>I admit I share your doubts regarding the financial side, but "entering
>into new military adventures"?

wasn't that lenin's argument? i've never read much of lenin, but i seem to recall an essay (what is to be done? maybe?) where he argues that the financial meltdowns associated with capitalist boom/bust cycles will require the foremost capitalist nations to engage in constant warfare to prop themselves up. it was the task of the revolutionary to oppose war b/c it was in opposition to war that you could a advanced movement that traversed national boundaries. (efforts in other realms, such as anti-poverty, labor movement, and whatnot would never produce an advanced revolutionary consciousness.) hazy memory of reading something like that, so if anyone can correct me i'd appreciate it.

>(And this is the first I learned that Shaquille O'Neal was a LBOster. Whoa
>shaq, can I have your autograph?)

no problem. i was just going to throw out some dingy sex....i mean sox. i could sign those and ship 'em to ya.

hang on a sec and lemme see if i can find my laundry marker.

>yrs WDK

shag