[lbo-talk] Discussing the Crisis/Bailout

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Oct 6 09:49:06 PDT 2008

What would it mean for radicals to discuss the Bailout?

I would presume their focus (unless they were merely interested in parroting one of the sides represented in WSJ/BusinessWeek/NYT/etc) would be (a) on the causes of the bailout and (b) on how mass movements might come into existence through response to the Bailout.

We can read very good arguments for and against it in the major media. So obviously reciting those arguments is merely posting news as easily acquired elsewhere. Hence such arguments (whether pro or con) do not constitute discussion of the bailout among leftists.

This will have to be redrafted later, but I think it points a direction.

Carrol