[lbo-talk] Discussing the Crisis/Bailout

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Oct 6 11:30:01 PDT 2008

> Can you point me to a "very good" argument against the bailout?

I've been following Paul Krugman, and while I don't agree with everything he says, he's made some good points along the way. It's a blog format, so it's easier to keep current and get his points reinforced than it probably is to sit down and read the whole thing from, oh, Sept 1 ... but it boils down to basically it's a bad deal and it probably won't work. He stops short of saying that it's worse than doing nothing, but it's pretty clear that he'd be doing it differently. He gives lots of supporting evidence, and sometimes gets a little geeky with the graphs.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/

I have it in my RSS reader, so it's an easy skim if he's talking about other things, but on the whole I'm glad to be reading it than not.

/jordan