[lbo-talk] question for those opposed to the bailout

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Oct 6 16:49:33 PDT 2008

shag wrote:

> i ignored you because, as i already mentioned, i'm not disagreeing about
> your general points. i argued with your assertion that most home owners
> made purchases out of a greedy desire to make money. as a consequence, you
> made assumptions about my position which were wrong -- essentially i don't
> give a shit about the anti- arguments or pro-arguments.

I have argued for yours that "greed" is a reactionary concept -- it _always_ comes back to bite the working class in the ass, because the only time it affects legislation is when that legislation is aimed at the "greed" of cheating welfare-queens, workers on strike, etc etc etc.

What is called greed is simply a necessary relationship in capitalist society for everyone. Let the capitalist play around with stupid jmoralizing. Let the opposition stick to political, not moralistic, arguments.

Free Abortion on Demand.

Welfare on application -- no investigation.

Open Borswea.

Generous Pensions out of General Funds.

Twenty-four hour week for 40 hours pay.

Carrol