[lbo-talk] Report on killings during Katrina in New Orleans

Bill O'Connor billyoc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 23:36:41 PDT 2008

Andy <andy274 at gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 9:03 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Oct 6, 2008, at 6:14 PM, Mr. X wrote:
>>
>>> This is crap. And its stuff like this that gives the Left a bad rep. Show
>>> us the bodies!
>>
>> Mitch thinks Dick Cheney was behing 9/11, too.
>
> Yes, but....
>
> I swear I recall a trial being mentioned, on NPR of all places, that
> dealt with cops doing the sort of thing that he mentions in his post.
> Or did I hallucinate that?

Yes, there was a shooting incident on a bridge:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/mar/04/hurricanekatrina.usa

[...] The events of 4 September, 2005, on Danziger Bridge are clear enough. It was five days after the storm and the city was in chaos. Just after 9am, a group of refugees was seeking to cross the bridge, including Ronald Madison, who wanted to get to his brother's dental office. Another family was near by, headed for an abandoned supermarket to pick up food and water. Suddenly an unmarked van pulled up. Seven gunmen - not in uniform - jumped out and opened fire. One witness, Kasimir Gaston, has described the men as lining up 'like at a firing range'. When the gunfire stopped, Madison and Brisette were dead. Susan Bartholemew had her arm shot off. Her teenage daughter Lesha was shot four times. Her husband, Leonard, was shot in the back, head and foot. [...]