[lbo-talk] there can be no bailout.

Dmytri Kleiner dk at telekommunisten.net
Tue Oct 7 03:46:30 PDT 2008

On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 19:27:41 -0700, "boddi satva" <lbo.boddi at gmail.com> wrote:
> U.S. dollars are certainly unstable now.
> There are far, far, far too few of them, apparently.

The US money supply is deflating, as it must, I wouldn't say there are too few yet, we have yet to see the foreign reserves come home. A bear market may be too much for foreign holders to resist for long. Give it some time.

> Say the U.S. consumes fewer Chinese and Indian goods - who is helped?

I'm not sure what you are asking.

I'm not saying that US should consume fewer Chinese and Indian goods, but rather that they must, because they have not enough to offer the Chinese and Indians in return to maintain the current level. I don't think the situation is good by for anyone.

Cheers.

-- Dmytri Kleiner editing text files since 1981

http://www.telekommunisten.net