[lbo-talk] presidential

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Oct 8 07:33:10 PDT 2008

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Amazing that Mitt Romney, McC's chief econo-flack, knew nothing about
> his proposal to buy $300 billion in bad mortgages. What a weird
> campaign - strictly seat of the pants.
>
> Doug

Did anyone else read the Rolling Stone hit piece on McCain? The guy is a slime bag and for the life of me, I can't now fathom why any of these liberals I've read for years on other lists thought otherwise.

At any rate, the RS piece sure explains it all in terms of his tendency to fly by the seat of his pants -- especially flying many planes into the ground, including an incident where he killed 131 shipmates in a blast of bombs and napalm as a consequence.