[lbo-talk] Gallup on bailout

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Oct 8 10:21:00 PDT 2008

On Oct 8, 2008, at 11:09 AM, Lenin's Tomb wrote:

> Okay, but it *should* do. This has been a massive expropriation, a
> redistribution of wealth from the working class to the rich.

I don't really think that is true, not unless you believe the federal budget is truly the property of the people. That would be where I agree with the critics of the critics of the bailout: the whole idea that government spending is robbing the people is an illusion in the independence of the state.

As, in its own way, is the idea that state ownership of banks has a progressive possibility.