[lbo-talk] Violence pushes Russia's Ingushetia towards civil war

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 17:11:01 PDT 2008

About a month or so ago we had a French Red Cross employee, a long-time resident of Ingushetia, staying with us while she was en route to Grozny and back. She says that Ingushetia is much worse than Chechnya, which is very calm. At least Grozny is. She walked around the city with no escort, making her much braver than me. I know the place is supposed to be totally placid, but I am somewhat irrationally attached to my own skin.

BTW the Chechen guy who was murdered in Moscow a little while ago was the brother of the unofficial head of the Chechen volunteers in Georgia.