[lbo-talk] Banks To Lend You Your Own Money.

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Oct 9 09:10:50 PDT 2008

It seems more and more misleading to me to address workers as taxpayers -- ie., as owners of the state. It is NOT _our_ state -- it is _their_ state. We do want to take it away from them (smash it and build our own), and in the meantime we want to impact its policies (just as we want to impact the policies of particular capitalists in their organization of work and in the wages they pay), but we must not begin to think of the state as "ours" and spending "our" money.

Carrol