[lbo-talk] Banks To Lend You Your Own Money.

Lajany Otum lajany_otum at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 13:00:07 PDT 2008

Doug Henwood writes:

> On Oct 9, 2008, at 12:10 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:
>
> > It seems more and more misleading to me to address workers as
> > taxpayers
> > -- ie., as owners of the state. It is NOT _our_ state -- it is _their_
> > state
>
> The executive and judicial branches are, for sure; the legislative
> branch is contested terrain.

If there is any contest for the loyalties of the legislative branch of the government then it seems to be mostly a contest between corporate lobbyists and the interests for whom they shill. And, if anybody here is participating in the contest for the terrain of the legislative (or any other branch), it is as a group of spectators rooting for their favourite team, but in no position to collectively or individually influence the outcome of the contest. Lajany Otum