[lbo-talk] Staunch the rhetorical bleeding

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Thu Oct 9 18:45:21 PDT 2008

At 6:35 PM -0700 9/10/08, Ann Buckingham wrote:

>I'm not alone in wanting the government to confiscate a portion of the
>excessive pay the bankers took and use that money before charging bailout
>costs to the middle class. Talk me down- I like this discussion group
>because you're so very skeptical of this kind of simple approach.

here's the thing, its a red herring. Americans by nature seem to want to find someone to blame, someone to punish, rather than address the systematic causes. But its a disaster to do that, the problem is systematic, it isn't just caused by a few bad apples, its the barrel stupid. ;-)

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas