[lbo-talk] Platypus Interview with Moishe Postone

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 12 14:00:59 PDT 2008

Not as bad as São Paolo or Rio. Mubai and Nairobi are much worse still along with many others. Mexico City certainly has a huge problem that they don't seem willing to tackle but it's an exaggeration to claim 90% of the cities residents are in slums. I believe Mexico City's slums are the world's largest but as a percentage of the metropole overall population it doesn't rank in the top 25. Nairobi has ~60% of it's population in slums, Mubai ~70% and Addis Ababa ~80% but Mexico City is ~20%.

John Thornton