[lbo-talk] Fwd: WSJ MARKET ALERT: Dow Industrials Surge 940 Points

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Oct 13 13:44:01 PDT 2008

On Oct 13, 2008, at 4:32 PM, Charles Brown wrote:

> Speaking of gloomsters, was all that chicken little talk crying for
> a bailout for the superbanks overdone ?

Uh, Charles, stocks rallied precisely because of the emergence of a large, internationally coordinated bailout that makes it look like The Authorities are finally getting it right. I still think stocks will decline over the next several months or year, and the economy will sag. But it's not the end of the world.