[lbo-talk] At one with my inner herbivore

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 23:47:01 PDT 2008

I was thinking about this, and I'm not sure what "honorable and harmonious" means in this context. ("Sustainable"?) The earth (which I suppose means "nonhuman stuff as a whole") doesn't have a notion of harmony (since it doesn't have notions). Seen sub specie aetertnatis (sp?), everything that happens is harmonious, since everything follows natural laws (or lawlike regularities, if you prefer). From the POV of individual bits of nonhuman stuff capable of this sort of thing (like the boar you are harmoniously skewering), anything that hurts them is nonharmonious.