[lbo-talk] At one with my inner herbivore

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 14 13:21:46 PDT 2008

At 01:03 PM 10/14/2008, Dwayne Monroe wrote:

>Intriguingly, the idea of dominance has, as its companion, the belief
>in an Earth that can endlessly absorb our outputs, such as C02e,
>without consequence.

And there's the related idea that the abundance of the Earth will in the long run provide never ending vistas for domination. It's not hard to find people in California who don't worry about water supply because we'll soon be drinking the ocean and there'll be water water everywhere.

http://www.coastal.ca.gov/desalrpt/dchap2.html

COASTAL DESALINATION PROJECTS IN CALIFORNIA

[]

Projects Approved/Conditionally Approved by Coastal Commission Chevron Gaviota Oil and Gas Processing Plant City of Morro Bay City of Santa Barbara Department of Parks & Recreation, Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument Monterey Bay Aquarium Proposed Hotel/Conference Sterling Center, Sand City SCE, Santa Catalina Island Offshore Oil and Gas Platforms Existing Coastal Desalination Projects Not Reviewed by Commission PG&E Diablo Canyon Power Plant PG&E Morro Bay Power Plant PG&E Moss Landing Power Plant U.S. Navy, San Nicolas Island Status of Other Proposed Coastal Desalination Plants Alameda County Water District Cambria Community Service District Channel Islands Beach Community Services District City of Buenaventura City of Fort Bragg City of Goleta City of Lompoc City of San Luis Obispo Los Angeles Department of Water and Power Marin Municipal Water District Marina Coast Water District Mendocino County property owners Metropolitan Water District of Southern California Monterey Peninsula Water Management District North Coast County Water District Orange County Water District Sands of Monterey development, Sand City San Diego County Water Authority U.S. Navy, North Island Naval Air Station & 32nd Street Naval Station, San Diego